Permission for Events

The process and things to know before you start

Planning an event for your sport or society in Queens’ is a great way to have fun and bring people together, whatever the cause. The process is fairly straightforward, but will require some forward planning!

The key person to contact here is Carol Lewis, cl330, whose office is under FF staircase, in the Catering Office. She can help with permission and with room booking.

First, pick your room. A number are available in Queens’ totally free for use of Queens’ students or if a Queens’ student is in charge of a University Society. The Bowett Room, Old Kitchens and the FitzPatrick Hall are the key ones. Get in early, as demand for these rooms is high and much of their time is already booked in advance. Carol can help you in this regard. The rooms normally won’t come with any equipment other than chairs and tables, so you might have to bring your own.

Next, you will have to get the permission of the Dean of College to have the event. This is normally no problem and the Dean is happy to consider most requests. Carol will send you a form like the one attached below to fill out and submit to her in the Catering Office. Make sure you do this one at least 10 days in advance to make it easier for all involved.

As soon as that is sorted, you are free to carry on!

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any of the above or the JCR for help. Best of luck!


FitzPatrick Hall Booking, Rules & Regs

Party Permission Form

(“Party” here is in a broad sense, don’t worry too much about the use of the word, and it only applies to public spaces!)



JCR Monkey
JCR Monkey,
Working behind the scenes!